ALL WDC PARTICIPANTS AT THE BIG SUR 5K 2012 WE ARE MISSING ANTHONY

Monday, March 5, 2012

Barry's training log

I suggest people keep a log of the training they are doing, I can find a way to post it here, if you send it in?

Last night, I ran my first mile, in over 2 years of not running. I have trained people for just about every event known to man, mostly with success. "The Magic mile" was not easy, I did some dynamic stretches prior to, it is important you do a "moving stretch" before running, not "static" (static should be done seperate from running, along with other methods, and be held for 15-30 seconds,SELF-PNF is better, can be found in BOB ANDERSONS BOOK ON STRETCH pg 206* amazon link below page).

PRE-TRAINING MEAL: 1 small snack 1 hr before (big meals 4+ hours, just as carb loading)
WATER: sip on 4-6 oz each 15 minutes (or electrolyte mix)
STRETCHED: dynamicly stretched hip flexor, glute, calf, adductor, hip
MILE TIME: 8 minutes, 14 seconds (put on my favorite beats, that are 8 min in length)

wont win me any races (average time) but my goal is to make it 3 miles (around 5k) in the same or better time, so be realistic in expectation.The focus should be on health, including this type of training in everyday life. If you are wanting to get faster, the book on speed, agility and quickness is awesome *amazon link below page. Stretching is key, and makes everything else effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave helpful comments and suggestions for others whome are training