ALL WDC PARTICIPANTS AT THE BIG SUR 5K 2012 WE ARE MISSING ANTHONY

Friday, May 4, 2012


RUNNING ENJOYMENT

Its essential that you find a way to enjoy parts of every run/walk even if you are speed training.  Most of your runs/walk should be....mostly enjoyable.  I find my runs/walk more fun when my runs are outside with scenic views.  You can check out the various trails on the following link  http://www.trails.com/interstitial.aspx?r=activity.aspx%3Farea%3D14516
STAYING MOTIVATED
  • Consistency is the most important part of conditioning and fitness
  • Motivation is the most important factor in being consistent
  • You can gain control over your motivation-every day.
The choice is yours.  You can take control over your attitude, or you can let yourself be swayed by outside factors that will leave you on a motivational roller coaster:  fired up one day, with no desire the next.  Getting motivated on a given day can sometimes be as simple as saying a few key words and getting out of the door or out of bed.
 Stress can activate our brain to send us streams of messages that tells us "slow down", "stop and you'll feel better", "this isn't your day" and even messages like"why are you doing this". 
By going through some mental drills you can ignore these messages and take command over motivation.  For examples of mental strategies and magic key words, see Galloway's book on Running Second Edition and Marathon.

"It is necessary to the happines of man that he be mentally faithful to himself".
                                                                     Thomas Paine







2 comments:

  1. VERY TRUE DR. WYNN I ENJOY RUNNING IN MONTEREY OR PG JUST BECAUSE OF THE BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I participated in the Big Sur I realize that I can do anything and I am determine to beat my old time. I AM OFFICIALLY MOTIVATED TO TAKE CARE OF MY BODY.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave helpful comments and suggestions for others whome are training